We are committed to providing you with the safest and most pleasurable entertainment experience at MovieTowne Cinemas. In order to facilitate this we ask that you extend the necessary courtesy to our other cinema patron. We look forward to your compliance of our policies and co-operation with our staff to ensure a wonderful movie experience for all of our valued MovieTowne guests. Please take a minute to learn about our policies.
Management reserves the right to refuse admission and the right to require a customer to leave the premises without giving a refund, based on a patron, breaching any of the following policies:
- Dress code in effect: - No vests/sleeveless, No slippers, No bare feet, No swimsuits, No caps/hats etc.
- No outside food/drink allowed in the Cinema lobby or Cinemas.
- No cameras or recording devices allowed in the Cinema.
- No Alcohol, Drugs and/or anyone under the influence of same is permitted in the Cinema.
- No carrying of weapons.
- No bags other than small Ladies’ handbags are allowed in the Cinema. Bags that are allowed into the cinema may be searched for prohibited items. All other bags are to be checked in at Guest Services.
- No use of obscene language.
- No Smoking.
- Excessive or loud talking during a movie is discouraged, as it may cause disturbance to other patrons in the cinema. Anyone who does not follow this rule and is found to be a disturbance or nuisance to other guests will be warned to refrain from this practice and if it continues, you will be asked to leave the cinema without a refund.
- Pagers and mobile phones are not to be used in the Cinema.
- You must have a ticket for every movie you are viewing at MovieTowne. Cinema hopping is not permitted. Please always keep your ticket stub handy to present to an usher if required.
- We reserve the right to request proper identification for proof of age for rated movies, prior to your ticket purchase or during a movie.
- If anyone or any unforeseen situation is causing a disturbance to your cinema viewing experience, we ask that you send us a text with the situation and an usher will visit the cinema to try to resolve the issue. Send your text to the following numbers for each of our branches:
PORT OF SPAIN - 475-9999
CHAGUANAS - 487-9999
TOBAGO - 497-9999
- Tickets are only valid for the date and time printed on a ticket. Any exchange of tickets must be done at the cinema location on the stated date and before the start time of the movie.
Seating is guaranteed, once you have a ticket you have a seat, but seats are still on a first-come, first-served basis. If you want seats together or particular seats, please come early. You are only permitted to hold (1) one extra seat, however, once the movie begins, all vacant seats will be deemed available and will be offered to other paying patrons seeking seats. You may be asked to move around when a cinema is sold out to utilize all vacant seats and to accommodate other patrons who want to sit together with their party. If patrons refuse to comply, they may be asked to leave the cinema.
BABY & TODDLER POLICY
Children two years and under do not require a ticket to a movie, however, please be mindful that a toddler of this age will unlikely be able to sit quiet and attentive for a two hour movie. We expect that parents will be responsible and considerate when making the decision to bring a toddler to a movie. Children two years and under will only be permitted into All Ages kids’ specific movies. Ratings are in effect for all movies, but please consider the content you expose young children to, as some All Ages and PG movies are not suitable for young audiences. If your young children of any age become restless or disorderly in a cinema, we ask that you take them out of the cinema to minimize the disturbance to the other patrons in the cinema. Management reserves the right to ask you to leave the cinema with a young child that may be causing excessive disturbance to other guests. Please note that if the cinema starts to become filled to capacity, the child will have to sit on an adult’s lap during the show (or a ticket will have to be purchased for the child).
All 3D movies require you to wear customized 3D glasses which the ushers will provide to you when entering the cinema. We have regular and kids’ size 3D glasses. If for any reason you are required to leave a cinema during a 3D movie, we ask that you return your 3D glasses to the usher. On return of entry to this movie, the usher will give you back a pair of 3D glasses to view the rest of the movie. Please keep the 3D glasses safe and in good order. If your pair of 3D glasses is lost or broken while in your possession, a fee of $150 will have to be paid to MovieTowne for the 3D glasses. All 3D glasses are washed and sanitized in special equipment before distributing to cinema patrons for use in a 3D movie.
LOST & FOUND POLICY
If you happen to misplace or leave behind one of your personal belongings while at our Cinema, you can visit our Guest Services Desk and an attendant will check our Lost and Found log to see if any belongings fitting the description of your misplaced item have been returned to us. MovieTowne has a very good track record in returning misplaced items, however, MovieTowne is in no way responsible or liable for items that have been left behind or misplaced while at our premises. We ask that you take extra precaution while at our premises and do a double check for important valuables such as your bag, wallet, phone, keys, sweaters etc. before you leave the Cinema. We will keep these lost and found items available for a maximum period of 6 – 8 weeks and if they are unclaimed after this period, the items will be discarded or given to charity.
ONLINE PURCHASE POLICY
LAST UPDATED: MAY 25, 2015
Our goal at MovieTowne is to offer you the convenience of purchasing online movie tickets for our theatres from your home, office or anywhere that you wish really. We would like to make your movie-going experience as easy and enjoyable as possible. Our Online Purchase Policy (“Policy”) is designed to provide you with the information you need to ensure a smooth transaction and trouble-free retrieval of your tickets once you get to the theater. Please take a minute to read the following:
- The purchase of online tickets is subject to availability and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
- Online ticket purchases will only be available up to 30 minutes before the start time of the movie.
- When you buy tickets online you are making a request to book tickets for the relevant show subject to the terms and conditions of this Policy. Please note that this does not mean that your request has been accepted.
- We will only be bound by an online booking once your credit card payment is processed online and you have a confirmed booking. The confirmed bar code that is emailed to you is your receipt for your online transaction.
- Once you are on the www.movietowne.com website and you decide to use the MovieTowne Online Ticketing Service to purchase movie tickets, at the point of the buying process you will be redirected to a different URL, which is a safe and secure site that is hosted by our third party e-commerce vendor, Internet Ticketing Systems, Inc. (Diamond Ticketing Systems) to process the online transaction.
- It is not possible to use any promotional vouchers or codes [or MovieTowne gift cards] to book tickets through the Movietowne website unless expressly stated otherwise on the voucher or code.
- Your online purchase guarantees that there will be a seat available, but we can't guarantee that you will get the seat of your choice unless you arrive early. Seats are on a first come first served basis.
- Tickets can only be redeemed at the location of the specific cinema they were purchased for.
- Your booking confirmation is unique to your transaction and can only be redeemed once. Once your online ticket confirmation has been redeemed, it’s removed from our system and any attempts thereafter will be considered invalid. MovieTowne is not responsible for any unauthorized or falsely copied booking confirmations.
- Lost, stolen or damaged tickets will not be replaced. Always keep a record of your booking confirmation.
REFUNDSTickets purchased online from MovieTowne’s website www.movietowne.com are NON-REFUNDABLE. MovieTowne will not be responsible in the event that you make any error when purchasing your tickets through the MovieTowne website (including but not limited to selecting the wrong film or the wrong number of tickets). Before purchasing your MovieTowne movie ticket(s) we urge you to confirm the title, time, location and quantity of tickets for the movie you wish to see. Please check that your selection is correct before confirming your purchase.
EXCHANGESIf you wish to exchange any movie ticket/s that were purchased online on MovieTowne’s website, you can do this by visiting the MovieTowne location you purchased the tickets for BEFORE the date and time on your ticket. Your ticket/s can be exchanged for the same movie or another movie of equal value. You must have your booking confirmation bar code number to make the exchange. You can walk with your print-at-home your booking confirmation bar code, your mobile phone with your emailed bar code or record this number to present to the cinema supervisor. No exchanges can be made after the ticketed date and show time have passed.
PICKING UP YOUR TICKETSPlease read your online, email and/or mobile confirmation pages carefully, as they provide you with important information about retrieving your tickets at your chosen theater. Please remember to bring your print-at-home booking confirmation bar code, your mobile phone with your emailed bar code (note that your phone should have data and be capable of accessing your email account and should have sufficient charge) or take a record of this confirmation number with you to redeem at the redemption station. When you arrive at the theatre you purchased the online tickets for, visit the redemption station and have your confirmation bar code ready. You can either select the bar code option which will require you to scan your bar code confirmation from your print-at-home ticket or from your mobile phone email bar code or you will have the option of entering the bar code confirmation number manually. Once this is done successfully, select the print button to print your movie tickets. The last step is to retrieve the printed tickets and present them at the ushers’ desk for entry to the movie.
BE PREPARED TO PRESENT YOUR CREDIT CARD AND YOUR PICTURE IDIn some circumstances you may be required to present the actual credit card used to purchase tickets on MovieTowne’s website. Also, please be prepared to present your picture ID if requested.
PAYMENT METHODSFor online movie ticket purchases from MovieTowne’s website, only valid Visa and MasterCard Credit Cards will be accepted.
PRICINGOnly adult and children tickets can be purchased online for appropriately rated movies. A child ticket is only valid for children 12 and under. MovieTowne reserves the right to request proof of age and to request ID for rated movies. MovieTowne’s online tickets carry MovieTowne’s on-site admission prices. A NON-REFUNDABLE convenience fee of US$1.00 is charged per movie ticket purchased online, which will be represented in TT Dollars based on the current local exchange rate. MovieTowne’s online purchasing system employs a third party service provider to process all e-commerce transactions and as such MovieTowne does not benefit from the convenience fee charged. Your confirmed online movie ticket purchase transaction will appear on your credit card statement as Multicinemas Trinidad Limited. MovieTowne’s on site or online movie ticket prices are subject to change at any time and these changes will be represented and communicated accordingly.
MOVIE TICKETS PURCHASED ONLINE AND THE ASSOCIATED CONVENIENCE FEES ON MOVIETOWNE’S WEBSITE ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
FILM TIMESAt all times MovieTowne will endeavor to ensure that advertised film schedules are materially accurate and that films are shown in accordance with such schedules. However, we cannot always guarantee the accuracy of the advertised schedules and reserve the right to cancel a showing, substitute an alternative film or vary the time of the showing, if necessary for any reason. If a film showing is cancelled or its timing altered or is not as advertised, the duty manager at the relevant cinema will take the necessary action to rectify the situation.
LIABILITYNothing in this Policy affects your rights under the law or excludes or limits our liability for fraud, death or personal injury resulting from our negligence. In all other circumstances, our liability to you shall be limited to the price paid for your ticket.
CHANGES TO THIS PURCHASE POLICYFrom time to time, we may revise this Policy. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the "Last Updated" legend at the top of this page. Any changes to this Purchase Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Internet, accessible through the MovieTowne website. By purchasing MovieTowne tickets or otherwise continuing to use the MovieTowne website or other Service following such changes, you will be deemed to have agreed to such changes. If you do not agree with the terms of this Policy, as it may be amended from time to time, please do not use the MovieTowne Online Ticketing Service to purchase MovieTowne tickets from the MovieTowne website or other service.
To the extent that an arbitrator or court of applicable jurisdiction determines that applying any changes to this Policy would render this an illusory or unenforceable contract, such changes shall be applicable on a prospective basis only, with respect to events or circumstances occurring after the date of such changes, to the extent necessary to avoid this Policy being deemed illusory or unenforceable.
If you have any questions about the information above, please contact us at email@example.com
It is MovieTowne’s policy to allow our customers to control what personal information you provide to us. As a customer of MovieTowne you:
- Control what personally identifiable information is collected
- Control what MovieTowne can do with the information
- Have our commitment to your right of privacy
Information Collection - Notice and Disclosure StatementFrom time to time, MovieTowne may ask customers to provide personal information that will help MovieTowne efficiently perform various transactions. That information may be sought as you:
- Register for general information
- Register for a free trial or demonstration of certain products and services
- Sign up or subscribe to products, services, and offers
- Participate in a special offer or contest
MovieTowne may utilize your personal information in several discrete ways:
- As a valued customer, MovieTowne will occasionally contact you, typically by email, text messages or phone (or any other way you prefer) in order to notify you of special ticketing promotions, and up-to-date news, custom-tailored to your personal interests. Of course, if you do not wish to receive this personalized information, you can always unsubscribe or let us know by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will happily abide by your wishes.
- Notwithstanding the foregoing, the Company reserves the right to contact you, utilizing your personal information, to inform you of information that might affect your entertainment experience.
MovieTowne does, however, perform statistical analysis of customer usage in order to measure interest in, and use of, the various parts of MovieTowne’s web site www.movietowne.com and MovieTowne shares that information with current and prospective advertisers, and other interested third parties. But, this information is aggregated data only (statistics, etc.), and contains no personally identifiable information whatsoever.
Consent/Choice StatementThe Company does not sell or rent personal information about its customers to third parties.
Data Quality and Security StatementMovieTowne contracts with vendors that maintain strict data security systems that ensure specific individual information will not be made available to any unauthorized person. We use a multi-level security system to control access to information stored for our customers. This is complemented with physical security of our facilities and limited access to certain critical areas. MovieTowne’s third party software e-commerce vendor Internet Ticketing Systems, Inc. (Diamond Ticketing Systems) is fully certified and audited annually as a Level 1 Service Provider in full compliance with the PCI Data Security Standards (see https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/ for additional information about this rigorous security standard, one of the toughest in the world).
By submitting your information, you agree that your data will be safely stored in a database of MovieTowne and its third party software vendor Internet Ticketing Systems, Inc. (Diamond Ticketing Systems) and this data would be purged according to industry standards.
The Company takes your privacy concerns very seriously. If you still have concerns about privacy issues after reading this privacy statement, please contact us at email@example.com.
We thank you for your co-operation and observance of these policies.