1. What are MovieTowne’s opening hours?
Administrative Offices: 8:00am – 4:30pm Monday through Friday, excluding public holidays
Cinemas Weekdays: 11am – 10:00pm
Cinemas Weekends/Public Holidays/Vacation Periods: 10:30am – 12 midnight
Days and times are subject to change, please review our ads and other communication channels for confirmation.
2. What are MovieTowne’s ticket prices?
For more details please visit our Ticket Prices Page
3. Do your ticket prices include Value Added Tax?
Yes they do.
4. What do you serve on your concessions menu?
For more details please visit our Concession Menu Page
5. How does MovieTowne go about choosing a movie to play at their cinemas?
Movies are offered to MovieTowne by a local distributor network that represents the foreign film studios. Generally MovieTowne will release movies that have the greatest demand.
6. Why do movies drop off of the Coming Soon schedule without ever releasing?
Sometimes, the rights for our territory changes and the movie is no longer available.
7. What determines how long a movie will play for?
Management decides this each week after analyzing all movies’ box office performance. Movies will continue to play until there is little or no demand for them. See response below #4.
8. Why do some movies drop off the schedule so quickly?
Each week we have new movie releases to fit in our cinemas, so we have to make room for them. We review the previous week’s performance of all movies and unfortunately, we have to drop the movies that would be at the bottom of the list with the least demand, to accommodate the new releases.
9. When does MovieTowne’s new movie schedule come out?
New movies are generally released on a Wednesday. The regular schedule usually starts on a Wednesday and ends on a Tuesday.
10. Where can I get the daily movie schedule?
Visit our website www.movietowne.com or our Facebook Page MovieTowne Trinidad https://www.facebook.com/movietownetrini or check the daily newspapers (Guardian and Newsday). You can also use third party mobile applications like Ticktr and Triniberry. We endeavour to ensure that our movie performances take place in accordance with our advertised movie schedule. However, we cannot always guarantee the accuracy of the advertised show times on the various media. We also reserve the right to cancel a showing, vary the time of an exhibition or make other changes to our schedule from time to time if this becomes necessary due to circumstances beyond our control.
11. Can I buy advance movie tickets?
Yes, advanced tickets are usually available for blockbuster movies and are available either at our box office or you can try out our new online services with online tickets from our website www.movietowne.com or via Ticktr mobile app.
12. Can I buy tickets online?
Yes, we are happy to offer you these new services to purchase tickets remotely from your mobile phone or from your computer/tablet. You can visit our website www.movietowne.com to purchase tickets online or you can download the Ticktr mobile app and purchase tickets from your phone. In both instances, please note that these services are facilitated by third party providers, who charge a convenience fee per ticket purchased.
13. Can I reserve seats in a cinema?
No, this is not an option at this time. Seating is guaranteed, once you have a ticket you have a seat, but seats are still on a first-come, first-served basis. If you want seats together or particular seats, please come early. For more details on our seating policy visit our Cinema Policies Page.
14. Can I take food into the cinema?
No outside food is allowed in our Cinemas.
15. Do your gift vouchers expire?
No they don’t have an expiry. For more details on gift vouchers visit our Gift Vouchers Page.
16. Can gift certificates be purchased online?
Not at present, they can only be purchased at our Guest Services Desk. For more details on gift vouchers visit our Gift Vouchers Page.
17. How do I request a fund raiser movie premiere?
You can email your request with the detail of the charity or medical expenses to firstname.lastname@example.org or you can get more details on our Movie Premieres Page.
18. How do we go about advertising or promoting our company/brand at MovieTowne?
You can contact our marketing department by sending an email to email@example.com The appropriate information and details will be sent to you for your consideration. For more details on our advertising opportunities visit our Advertising Page.
19. Are MovieTowne’s 3D glasses cleaned?
Our 3D glasses are of a high quality and are meant to be reusable as a green initiative. All 3D glasses are washed and sanitized in specific cinema industry equipment/chemicals before distributing to cinema patrons BEFORE every 3D movie.
20. At what age do young kids have to pay for a seat in the cinema?
3 years and older.
21. Are babies allowed in the cinema?
Yes, babies are allowed into movies when accompanied by their parent or guardian, but only for kid specific
movies rated G (All Ages) or PG (Parental Guidance Advised). Babies and children who are not of the required age
rating will not be permitted into movies rated 14 years and over, 16 years and over and 18 years and over.
Ratings classifications are always in effect. Please refer to our Ratings page and Baby Policy pages for more
Movie Ratings Page
Cinema Policies Page
22. Would a 1 year old or baby have to pay for a movie ticket?
Children two years and under do not require a ticket to a movie, however, please be mindful that a toddler of this age will unlikely be able to sit quiet and attentive for a two hour movie. They will only be allowed into kid specific movies rated (G) All Ages. Please note that if the cinema starts to become filled to capacity, the child will have to sit on an adult’s lap during the show (or a ticket will have to be purchased for the child). Please refer to our Baby Policy for more information.
23. If there is a disturbance (smoking, talking, baby crying etc) in the Cinema, what can I do about it?
If anyone or any unforeseen situation is causing a disturbance to your cinema viewing experience, you can send us a
text with the situation, cinema no and time and an usher will visit the cinema to try to resolve the issue.
Send your text to the following numbers for each of our branches:
CHAGUANAS - 487-9999
TOBAGO - 497-9999
24. Do your ushers check the cinemas when a movie is going on?
25. What can be done if I have to leave the cinema during a movie due to an emergency?
You have the option of a re-admit pass to see the same movie on a different date (once the movie is still playing).
26. Do you give refunds on movie tickets if you can’t make the show time on your ticket?
We do not offer cash refunds. You have the option of a re-admit pass to see the same movie on a different date (once the movie is still playing). However, you can exchange your ticket for another movie/day/show time if you present it to the cinema BEFORE the movie date and time stated on the ticket. Once the movie date on a ticket has passed, the ticket will be invalid and no accommodations can be made.
27. Can I exchange a ticket?
Yes you can exchange your ticket for another movie/day/show time if you present it to the cinema BEFORE the movie date and time stated on the ticket. Once the movie date on a ticket has passed, the ticket will be invalid and no accommodations can be made.
28. Do you offer group discounted tickets?
For group tickets you can consider purchasing our Season Ticket Books which come with 12 discounted tickets for use for
any 2D movie. For more information on these you can visit http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/gift-vouchers/cinemas
We do offer schools and vacation camps group packages for groups of 25 kids and more. Group tickets cost $25 for 2D and $35 for 3D per person.
29. Do you offer schools any discounts?
We do offer schools and vacation camps group packages for groups of 25 kids and more. Group tickets cost $25 for 2D and $35 for 3D per person. We also have an offer a Tertiary Student discount on a Monday of 2D tickets at $35 and 3D tickets at $45. A valid student I.D. from a recognized tertiary institution must be presented to qualify for the discount.
30. Can I exchange a 3D ticket for a regular 2D movie and if so would I get a refund of the difference?
It is possible to exchange a 3D ticket for a 2D ticket once the exchange takes place BEFORE the date and time of the movie stated on the ticket. The customer will receive a refund of the difference.
31. Can I exchange a 2D ticket for a 3D movie?
It is possible to exchange a 2D ticket for a 3D ticket, however, the differential in price will need to be paid by the customer. The exchange must take place BEFORE the date and time of the movie stated on the ticket.
32. Will your cinema ever bring back an old movie that was previously played?
This is not the norm; however, in rare circumstances this has been done.
33. Can I use a ticket purchased at any MovieTowne location?
No you must use the ticket purchased for the same location you purchased the ticket at. Tickets are not open or transferable to other locations.
34. If I have lost or misplaced something at MovieTowne, what can I do?
If you happen to misplace or leave behind one of your personal belongings while at our Cinema, you can visit our Guest Services Desk and an attendant will check our Lost and Found log to see if any belongings fitting the description of your misplaced item have been returned to us. There are no guarantees and we are not responsible for any items misplaced or left behind at our premises . For more details on our Lost & Found policy, http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/cinema-policies/cinemas
35. Is smoking allowed at MovieTowne cinemas?
Sorry, smoking is not permitted.
36. Can cellphones be used in your cinemas?
We strongly discourage this, as excessive talk and mobile activity can cause a disturbance to other patrons watching the movie. Anyone who does not follow this rule and is found to be a disturbance or nuisance to other guests will be warned to refrain from this practice and if it continues, you will be asked to leave the cinema without a refund.
37. Can I take a bag with my personal belongings (laptop, other) into the cinema?
No bags other than small ladies’ handbags are allowed in the Cinema. Any bags that are allowed into the cinema may be searched for prohibited items. All other bags are to be checked in at Guest Services.
38. Can a company rent a cinema for an event?
Yes our theatres can be rented for events usually during morning periods Monday to Friday. You can contact our marketing department by sending an email with the details to firstname.lastname@example.org Or you can fill out our theatre rental online form with all of the details on our website http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/theatre-rentals/corporate
39. Can I have a kid’s birthday party at MovieTowne?
Yes MovieTowne Chaguanas and Tobago offer special party rooms and cinema packages. You can contact the specific branch you are interested in directly at 62-STARS. MovieTowne Port of Spain offers birthday parties in MovieTowne’s Carousel Park. For more information on our birthday party packages visit http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/birthday-parties/kids
40. How many Film Festivals does MovieTowne have a year?
Usually two: The European Film Festival in May and The Trinidad & Tobago Film Festival in September. From time to time we also host other cultural film festivals which you can find out more about on our website or Facebook page.
41. Does MovieTowne have a dress code?
Yes our dress code is in effect: - No vests/sleeveless, No slippers, No bare feet, No swimsuits, No caps/hats etc.
42. Do I need to present I.D. to purchase a movie ticket?
For movies rated 14 years and over, 16 years and over and 18 years and over, you may be required to present a valid form of identification or proof of age to purchase a movie ticket or to get entry in to the cinema. We aware that our National ID cards and permits are usually only available from 16 years or 17 years of age, so without valid proof of age the sale of tickets would be completed at the discretion of the box office attendant/supervisor.
43. Can I take a camera into your cinemas?
No cameras or recording devices or recording are permitted in our cinemas. Anyone caught in this act will be immediately removed from the cinema without a refund and the device may be confiscated and the matter passed on to the authorities.
44. Do you offer alcohol at MovieTowne?
No Alcohol, Drugs are permitted in our cinemas. Anyone under the influence of same is not permitted in the Cinema or they will be immediately removed from the cinema without a refund.
45. What is the cost of your arcade tokens?
Our arcade tokens are $5 each and each game requires 2 – 3 tokens to play. Prices are subject to change without notice.
46. How can I find out all that’s happening at MovieTowne?
You can subscribe to our website by filling out our online form to get on our various email lists that we send weekly updates to our fans or you can keep checking in on our MovieTowne website, Facebook or our other communication channels.
47. Does MovieTowne have a loyalty program?
Sorry not at this time but soon.
48. Who sets the censor ratings for movies and how are these ratings selected?
The Board of Film Censors of Trinidad & Tobago is responsible for the ratings given to movies that play in cinemas in Trinidad and Tobago. We are not privy to their ratings criteria.
49. Can I take a young child into a movie rated 16 years and over?
Children who are not of the required age will not be permitted into movies rated 14 years and over, 16 years and over and 18 years and over. Ratings classifications are always in effect. Please refer to our Ratings page for more information http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/movie-ratings/cinemas
50. What are MovieTowne Mall’s opening hours?
Mondays through Thursdays: 10:30 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Fridays and Saturdays: 10:30 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Sundays and Public Holidays: 2 p.m. – 7 p.m.
51. How do we apply for a store at MovieTowne Mall?
Visit our Leasing page online and fill out the Tenancy Application form http://www.movietowne.com/shop or visit our Administrative offices to apply.
52. How do I report an incident that occurred at MovieTowne compound?
Incident reports can be tendered directly to any Security Personnel or formally to email@example.com
53. Is there an admission price to the MovieTowne Carousel Park?
Park admission is free.
54. What is the cost of a ride at the Carousel Park?
Rides start at TT$20.00. However, discounts are available for multi-ticket purchases. Prices are subject to change without notice.
55. Is there an age limit to go on a ride in the Carousel Park?
The age limits vary with each ride. Generally all rides are for children 13 years and under. However, it is recommended that toddlers are accompanied and/or closely supervised by an adult.
56. What are MovieTowne’s Carousel Park’s opening hours?
Days and times are subject to change with seasonal variation. During school vacation periods the Park
usually opens every day.
Mondays through Thursdays: CLOSED
Fridays and Saturdays: 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm
Sundays and Public Holidays: 3:00 pm to 8:00 pm
57. Can I rent MovieTowne’s Carousel Park for an event?
Yes our park can be rented for corporate events or kids’ birthday parties. You can contact our party department be sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or for corporate rentals you can contact our marketing department by sending an email with the details to email@example.com
58. How do I apply for a job at MovieTowne?
You can apply in any of the following ways for a part time or full time job at MovieTowne:
- Visit our Careers page online http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/careers-at-movietowne/corporate
- E-mail your resume to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail your information to MovieTowne Entertainment & Shopping Complex, Lot 1D &1E, MovieTowne Boulevard, Audrey Jeffers Highway, Port-of-Spain.
- Visit our cinema or administration offices to apply.
59. What are the necessary documents required for applying?
You can visit our Careers page and look under APPLY to find out what you will need to apply http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/careers-at-movietowne/corporate
60. What are your Terms and Conditions of Employment?
You can visit our Careers page and look under BENEFITS to find out more http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/careers-at-movietowne/corporate
61. What Job Opportunities are available?
You can visit our Careers page and look under VACANCIES to learn about our current Vacant Positions http://www.movietowne.com/page/details/careers-at-movietowne/corporate